The cloud has changed the way people and businesses store their data and communicate with each other. Now not only can businesses avoid housing large, bulky filing cabinets full of physical files in their offices, they don’t even need high capacity on site server storage capabilities.
As much as the cloud has benefited companies in Oakland and across the globe, it is still a largely confusing topic for many individuals.
What is the Cloud?
Simply put, the cloud is a system of offsite servers that individuals and businesses use to store their digital files and media. The servers are managed by a hosting company and individuals and organizations buy or rent digital space from them.
Cloud storage is used by individuals to store photos and music so they don't have to store that information on their personal device. The cloud is used by organizations to store central documents and data pertaining to their line of work.
The hosting company is responsible for upkeep of the servers and ensuring that their users have constant access to their stored information.
How Has the Cloud Changed the Way We Do Business in Oakland?
The cloud has greatly impacted the way companies do business. Several benefits of using the cloud to store business information are:
- Scalability: only pay for the amount of storage you use
- Remote access: log in and access information from anywhere
- Easy file sharing: a document hosted offsite can be accessed by anyone granted permission
- Increased security: hosting companies work hard to keep all data secure
- Natural disaster protection: servers are backed up regularly
- Reduced power/maintenance costs: you don’t have to pay for server maintenance or energy use
Get Free Quotes on Cloud Storage Services for Your Northern California Business
If you are looking to initiate cloud storage services for your Oakland organization, we’ll help you get started. Call us at (510) 250-3005 or fill out the form on the left and we’ll help you find a secure and affordable solution for your digital storage needs.